Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday Sentence: The Thirteenth Tale

Sunday Sentence, inspired by author David Abrams at The Quivering Pen, is "simply put, the best sentence(s) I've read this past week, presented out of context and without commentary."

There is something about words. In expert hands, manipulated deftly, they take you prisoner. Wind themselves around your limbs like spider silk, and when you are so enthralled you cannot move, they pierce your skin, enter your blood, numb your thoughts. Inside you they work their magic.
The Thirteenth Tale
by Diane Setterfield

6 comments:

  1. That's an interesting take on the effects of words... gothic and a bit sinister, but graphic and powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most awesome quote. Almost frame-worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this book, but haven't read it yet. After reading this, I think I'll go find it and put it on top of my TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good quote--I think it does capture the essence of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many quote-worthy passages in that book. Excellent choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails