Sunday, June 26, 2022
Sunday, June 12, 2022
I was craving soup this week and tried a new recipe for Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup from Damn Delicious... and it WAS delicious! The recipe is slightly more involved than other chicken noodle soups I make, but well worth the extra effort. The only change I made was to use 8 cups (two 32oz. cartons) of chicken stock instead of 6 cups. This will be my new go-to chicken noodle soup.
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- The Absolutist by John Boyne - literary fiction - 4.5/5 stars
- Family of Liars by E. Lockhart - YA fiction - 4/5 stars
- Love & Saffron by Kim Fay - historical fiction, epistolary - 5/5 stars
- South to America by Imani Perry - nonfiction - 3.5/5 stars
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry - contemporary fiction, rom-com - 5/5 stars
- The Promise by Damon Galgut - literary fiction - 4.5/5 stars
Saturday, May 28, 2022
Three Mini-Reviews: South to America by Imani Perry, Book Lovers by Emily Henry, The Promise by Damon Galgut
Sunday, May 22, 2022
Saturday, May 21, 2022
Bottom line, this was a quick, entertaining summer read.
Sunday, May 15, 2022
In the kitchen//
Between the two parties and meals out with my sister and BIL, the only dinner I prepared all week was Balsamic Caprese Chicken on the grill. I think I've shared this one before, but it's so delicious and elegant that it deserves another mention. I add a drizzle of balsamic glaze over the tomato and mozzarella.
The week ahead//
Tonight we'll have my SIL over for dinner, then later we'll watch Stanley Tucci's "Searching for Italy." This week should be relatively quiet... no visitors or parties, just the usual activities. That's fine with me!
How was your week? What are you reading?
Thursday, May 12, 2022