It's the end of May and we're nearly halfway through 2022. I say this every month, but it seems like time is passing so quickly! This was our month to relax and enjoy Florida life before traveling north for the summer. My sister and BIL visited for a few days, we spent lots of time with local friends and neighbors, went for morning walks/runs, and got to the beach for sunset as often as we could.
May was also an excellent reading month for me. I finished six books... half from my planned reading list and half impulse reads or library holds. Two of those books were 5-star reads and I rated two more 4.5 stars, so this turned out to be the highest quality reading month I've had in a very long time!
- The Absolutist by John Boyne - literary fiction - 4.5/5 stars
- Family of Liars by E. Lockhart - YA fiction - 4/5 stars
- Love & Saffron by Kim Fay - historical fiction, epistolary - 5/5 stars
- South to America by Imani Perry - nonfiction - 3.5/5 stars
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry - contemporary fiction, rom-com - 5/5 stars
- The Promise by Damon Galgut - literary fiction - 4.5/5 stars
June Reading Possibilities//
- Lessons in Chemistry by Bonnie Grams (in progress)
- Daughters of the Samurai: A Journey from East to West and Back by Janice P. Nimura (in progress)
- The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell
- The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff
- Wide Sargasso Sea by Jean Rhys
- The Maid by Nita Prose
Other June Plans//
We'll spend the first few days of June driving north, then settle in for the summer. My husband's college reunion is coming up, as well as our niece's graduation party, and Father's Day. Both NYC daughters have also made plans to visit in June. With Covid transmission levels rising, we're still being cautious and hope these events all take place as planned.
How was your month? What was your favorite May book?