Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Short Stories Reviewed

A Christmas Memory by Truman Caopte
Vanka by Anton Chekhov
The Ex-mas Feast by Uwem Akpan
I Dated Jane Austen by T.C. Boyle
Redundant by Dorothy K. Haynes
Ashputtle by Angela Carter
Roaring Tower by Stella Gibbons
The Station Road by Ann Bridge
The Villa Lucienne by Ella D'Arcy
The Old Nurse's Story by Elizabeth Gaskell
The Sisters by James Joyce
It's Beginning to Hurt by James Lasdun
Chicxulub by T.C. Boyle
Modern Love by T.C. Boyle
Snow, Glass, Apples by Neil Gaiman
Rosa (from The Shawl) by Cynthia Ozick
The Dress by Louise Erdrich
The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
The Shawl by Cynthia Ozick
Everyday Use by Alice Walker
Double Birthday by Willa Cather
The Other Woman by Sherwood Anderson
The Lady's Maid's Bell by Edith Wharton
The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe
A Jury of Her Peers by Susan Glaspell
Quail Seed by Saki
I Stand Here Ironing by Tillie Olsen
The Unicorn in the Garden by James Thurber
The Swimmer by John Cheever
The Story of An Hour by Kate Chopin

*click on title for review

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are the short story queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That list is incredible. I didn't know you had reviewed so many. I love short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy - Funny, but this time last year I would have told you that I hated short stories!

    Heather Zundel - Thanks for visiting! I rediscovered short stories last spring (hadn't read any since high school ... ages ago). Then I discovered Short Story Monday hosted by The Book Mine Set, and just started participating. Hopefully that will continue in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting more into short stories now-are their any good events on short stories one can join?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mel U - Short Story Monday (hosted by John Mutford at The Book Mine Set) is the event I usually participate in. I try to read a story weekly, post a review on Monday, then add the link to my post in my comment to John. I believe there are also some short story challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails