Friday, July 3, 2009

Library Loot - July 3

Library Loot is a weekly event hosted by Eva and Marg that encourages bloggers to share books they've checked out of the library.

In a show of considerable restraint, just three books came home with me this week. Two are possible challenge reads, and one is for a 'test read'.






by Georgina Harding

Fleur Fisher's review sounded so good that I just had to take a closer look at this book. It opens with an amazing first sentence! I'm focusing on some fun summer challenge books right now, so may not read this one immediately. It will get a 'test read' to give me a better sense of when I'll want to fit it in.




by Marlena De Blasi

I'm having such a good time in Italy with The Enchanted April, I may stay on for a little longer. This will be my second book for the Summer Vacation Reading Challenge.






by Laurie Viera Rigler

The Everything Austen Challenge started this week. I may choose to read this one, unless Daughter #1 gets to it first.


What did you find at the library? This week's links are at Marg's blog Reading Adventures.







15 comments:

  1. One Thousand Days in Venice. Italy+food=delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh you got the jane Austen addict :D
    I do want to read that one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas Cave sounds very good-what an interesting premise for a book. So glad to hear you are enjoying Enchanted April--it has been on my tbr pile for a few years and I might get to it someday! ;)
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confessions is so good. I loved it. One Thousand Days in Venice looks like something I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to read a lot of those travel style books, but haven't read any for years! I think I own this one, but haven't read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I brought home The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley and R swiftly made off with it. He's really, really enjoying it and says that I would love it. How mean of him to tease me like that! I would say that you brought home a pretty fantastic bag of loot yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They all look fantastic and I brought home Jane Austen too!! Enjoy them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. damnedconjuror - I like your math ;-)

    Blodeuedd - I have a feeling my daughter will get to it before I do if I'm not careful.

    Kim - Doesn't that sound like a good one? I hope to get to it soon. You have treasure in The Enchanted April waiting on your shelf...save it for just the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dar - You're actually one of the people responsible for me bringing the Austen book home :-)

    Marg - I've decided to read that type of book for the summer vacation reading challenge this year - they are such fun!

    Darlene - The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie is on my wish list, but it sounds like I should request it from the library!

    Staci - Between the Austen books and the travel style books, I'm looking forward to a light, fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of a test read! And I really need to read Enchanted April one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eva - The 'test read' approach has really worked well for me. I had One Thousand Days in Venice from the library earlier this spring. Just a few pages told me it was going to be a quick, fun read...perfect for Molly's Summer Vacation challenge. The Solitude of Thomas Cave has beautiful writing that I'll want to spend more time with.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice new books this week!

    I really enjoyed CONFESSIONS OF A JANE AUSTEN ADDICT, and last week read Laurie Viera Rigler's RUDE AWAKENINGS OF A JANE AUSTEN ADDICT, and will have my review up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dawn - I'll be sure to look for your review! 'Confessions' looks like it will be fun - perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Solitude of Thomas Cave sounds really interesting, but I agree it's not very summer-y! Great loot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. shananaginsbooks - No, it's certainly not a summery book, but who knows...I may need it to escape a heat wave ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails