It's almost here. After last summer's huge success, Karen and Tamara are teaming up again to host another trip to Paris in July. The rules are simple. Karen says:
For those of you who participated last year the guidelines for the event will be pretty much the same (Tamara and I reserve the right to throw in some surprises here and there1). Paris in July will run from the 1st - 31st July 2011 and the aim of the month is to celebrate our French experiences through reading, watching, listening to, observing, cooking and eating all things French.
There will be no rules or targets in terms of how much you need to do or complete in order to be a part of Paris in July - just blog about anything French and you can join in. Some ideas for the month might include:
- Reading a French book - fiction or non-fiction
- Watching a French movie
- Listening to French music
- Cooking French food- Experiencing French art, architecture or travel
My pile of books is growing, but I have no expectation of reading them all. With any luck, I'll acquire another Colette novel to add to the stack. Cheri and The Last of Cheri were high points of my time in Paris last summer.
- The Belly of Paris by Emile Zola
- A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway (in progress)
- Paris to the Moon by Adam Gopnik
- French Lessons: Adventures with Knife, Fork, and Corkscrew by Peter Mayle
- Paris Was Ours by Penelope Rowlands
Short Story Mondays will feature French authors all month and my Weekend Cooking posts may take on a French flavor, too.
Departure is just a week away. Will you join us?