Here are the basics:
-Create a list of some books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
-Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However, this is not required; setting additional goals is completely optional.
-Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
-Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants.
-Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2009.
-Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did.
-Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!
These are my goals:
Books to read:
1. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins for the R.I.P. IV Challenge
2. After Dark by Haruki Murakami for the Japanese Literature III Challenge
3. the November selection for my book club (to be determined)
4. the December selection for my book club ( to be determined)
5. two books for the Everything Austen Challenge
1. read at least one short story per week and participate in Short Story Monday
2. listen to at least three audiobooks
3. get through the stack of New Yorker magazines (they're piling up again!)
Thank you, Katrina, for hosting another fun, low-pressure challenge. I'm ready to fall into reading!
1. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins - reviewed here
2. November book club selection - Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks reviewed here