Read 7 books:
1. The Wapshot Chronicle by John Cheever - completed, but did I forget to post a review?
2. The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry - nearly finished, review pending
3. The Home-Maker by Dorothy - complete, reviewed here
4. The Shack by William Paul Young (April book club selection) - complete, reviewed here
5. May book club selection: The Big House by George Howe Colt (non-fiction) - complete, reviewed here
6. June book club selection: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows - previously completed, pre-blogging days
7. one non-fiction book: Novel Destinations by Shannon McKenna Schmidt and Joni Rendon - reviewed here
1. Read at least one short story per week and participate in Short Story Monday - goal reached. Links to short story posts found in the sidebar. I did miss one week, and there were a couple Short Story Tuesdays, but I think that's close enough!
2. Listen to three audio books - goal reached
The Help by Kathryn Stockett - reviewed here
Brooklyn: A Novel by Colm Toibin - reviewed here
The Clothes They Stood Up In by Alan Bennett - review pending
3. Whittle down my stack of New Yorker magazines - goal reached, sort of...the stack present when I started the challenge is gone, but somehow a new one has accumulated!
4. Inspired by a Booking Through Thursday question, I conducted my own graphic novel experiment. Heather recommended a how-to book on reading graphic novels, and I was off. My favorite, so far, has been Ethel &Ernest by Raymond Briggs.
Though most of the goals were met, I'm disappointed all the reviews weren't done in time. Perhaps the Bloggiesta event would have been a good idea!
Also, that cute button so prominently displayed in my sidebar has made me smile whenever I've looked at it. Thank you so much, Katrina, for hosting this event.