As I said in the previous post, this has been a year of distraction for me... primarily political. As a result, it has not been especially productive in terms of reading or blogging.
- My overall numbers are the lowest - ever.
- I did not accept any books for review.
- I did not join any challenges - not even the goodreads challenge.
- I participated in only a handful of events and readalongs.
- I did not write formal book reviews, opting instead for one paragraph reaction/ratings included with my weekly wrap-up posts.
- I pretty much read what I wanted, when I wanted.
Number Of Books Read
46 - the lowest number, ever (I won't blame it all on politics... this was our first full year of retirement and life seems busier than ever!)
56% / 44% - the same as last year
80% / 20% - a record!
Also worth noting, all of my favorite books of 2018 were written by women.
New authors/ tried-and-true authors
50/50 split - I've been less adventurous than usual
none - How is this possible??*#@!!
4 - positively dismal :(
29 - 17 audio only, 12 read/listen combinations
**over 60% of my reading included an audio component this year, the most ever. More walking is a good thing!
Shortest & longest book:
Lift by Kelly Corrigan, 96 pages
The Duke's Children by Anthony Trollope, 840 pages
Most popular & least popular book:
(based on number of goodreads ratings)
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman - 324,105 other readers
I Can't Complain: (All Too) Personal Essays by Elinor Lipman - 977 other readers
Meg Wolitzer - 3 books read this year
Anthony Trollope - 3
Min Jin Lee - 2
Kelly Corrigan - 2
Elin Hilderbrand - 2
2018 bookish highlights:
- Finishing our #PalliserParty
- Nonfiction November
- Visiting The House of the Seven Gables in Salem, MA
- Lakeside Musing's 10th anniversary (which I failed to celebrate!)
Plans for 2019:
- continue reading literary fiction, classics, and nonfiction... but MORE of everything!
- post weekly updates
- join a few fun events (like Nonfiction November)
- participate in Karen's Back to the Classics Challenge
- read more of my own books
- participate in readalongs (Did I really not do one with Care this year?)
Thank you all for reading and talking about books with me again this year.
Happy New Year 2019!