Spring is finally here and Katrina at Callapidder Days has come up with the perfect challenge to celebrate the season! Spring Reading Thing 2009 is a fun, low-pressure challenge that allows each participant to select a reading list and set personal goals. It begins today and will end on June 20.
Since I am a slow reader, and because I've been spending almost as much time blogging as reading lately, my goals are relatively modest. Two books a month is manageable, so here is the list I'll choose from.
1. The Wapshot Chronicle by John Cheever
2. The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
3. The Homemaker by Dorothy Canfield
4. The Shack by William Paul Young (April book club selection)
5. May book club selection (we only choose one book at a time)
6. June book club selection
7. one non-fiction book
Additional goals include:
1. read at least one short story per week and participate in Short Story Mondays
2. listen to three audio books
3. whittle down my stack of New Yorker magazines
There will be a wrap-up post in June to let you know how I've done. Visit Callapidder Days if you'd like to sign up...and add some springtime your blog with the adorable button!