What is it about summer reading lists? It's almost impossible for me not to make one and then equally impossible to stick to it! Ah, well... no matter. Lisa and Ti recently shared their lists, so I figure it's not too late to post mine.
I hope to read these book by Labor Day.
- Pachinko by Min Jin Lee (read/listen combo - owned)
- Tin Man by Sarah Winman (on hold at the library)
- The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai (on hold at the library)
- The Wife by Meg Wolitzer (borrowed from the library)
- Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout (owned - on my kindle)
- The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar (owned - on my kindle)
- Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover
- Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI by David Grann (owned)
It will be a small miracle if I actually read all of these books. I typically pick up other titles on a whim or won't feel like reading like reading a few of these by late August, but at least it's a starting point.
Do you make summer reading lists? More importantly, do you stick to them?