Wednesday, November 27, 2013

We Give Thanks


The Thanksgiving holiday is finally here! Our daughters will be home soon, my brother and his family have arrived, and we even have a couple of boyfriends joining us this year. Meal preparation is well underway… we anticipate eighteen for our traditional turkey dinner. Other weekend activities include cutting down our Christmas tree, attending my cousin's annual Christmas party (complete with Yankee Swap), catching a movie, the usual leftovers feast and, of course, football. No wonder it's my favorite holiday.

I have so much to be thankful for this season, and so does my 7-year-old niece. Her "I am thankful for..." turkey  brought a smile to my face and I thought you might enjoy it, too.  In case you can't read the feathers:
- My dog
- My family
- A good teacher
- Art
- book fairs
I'd say my brother and sister-in-law are raising her right!

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving. See you next week...


16 comments:

  1. It sounds like such a lovely weekend, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at book fairs! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your Turkey - so cute! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 7-year-old niece is grateful for book fairs?!? That makes me so happy. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an AWESOME turkey! lol I hope you and your family have a WONDERFUL holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope you have an awesome time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your niece's turkey and the things she's thankful for...she's a smart one! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Joann. It sounds like you have a full house and some great plans. Enjoy! Gobble, gobble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving - enjoy (love the paper turkey and message)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, I love that your niece is thankful for book fairs! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving, JoAnn. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, JoAnn. How fortunate are you to have everyone with you. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Thanksgiving, JoAnn - wishing you a wonderful day and lots of leftovers.
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Thanksgiving JoAnn! Enjoy the weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet! Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you were in for a busy holiday. I hope you had a wonderful time with your family JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that turkey!! Smart girl :) Hope you had a great turkey day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails