The Classics Club Spin has been a huge success over the years and now it's time to play again - round 14! I've missed the last couple of spins, but since I have no classics commitments at the moment, it might be fun to choose my next one by chance.
The rules are the same, only the dates have been changed.
Here's how it works:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday. (10/3)
- Monday morning a number from 1-20 is announced. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to that number.
- The challenge is to read the book by December 1, 2016.
In the past I've come up with fun categories and themes, but this time it's purely alphabetical. Time is running short. The original purpose behind joining the The Classics Club was to challenge myself to read 50 classics in 5 years. My five year deadline is coming up in April... and I've read 43 so far. The pressure is on to 'finish strong'!
My Spin List
- Bronte, Anne - Agnes Grey
- Bronte, Charlotte - Villette
- Cather, Willa - A Lost Lady
- Collins, Wilkie - Jezebel's Daughter
- DuMaurier, Daphne - My Cousin Rachel
- Forster, E.M. - Howards End (reread)
- Gaskell, Elizabeth - Wives and Daughters
- Hardy, Thomas - The Return of the Native
- Hemingway, Ernest - The Sun Also Rises
- Keyes, Daniel - Flowers for Algernon (reread)
- Mitford, Nancy - The Pursuit of Love
- Powell, Anthony - A Dance to the Music of Time (first movement)
- Pym, Barbara - A Few Green Leaves
- Steinbeck, John - The Winter of Our Discontent (reread)
- Tan, Amy - The Joy Luck Club
- Taylor, Elizabeth - A Game of Hide and Seek
- Trollope, Anthony - Miss Mackenzie
- Whipple, Dorothy - The Priory
- Zola, Emile - The Belly of Paris
- Zola, Emile - The Fortune of the Rougons
Check back on Monday to see what I'll be reading...
The spin landed on number one, so I'll be reading Agnes Grey by Ann Bronte.