The Classics Club Spin has been a huge success. Previous rounds have dealt me An American Tragedy, The Bell Jar, Middlemarch, Tess of the d'Urbervilles, The Picture of Dorian Gray, and Cheerful Weather for a Wedding. The rules are the same this time, only the dates have been changed.
Here's how it works:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday. (11/10)
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by January 5.
I'm still sticking with a slightly modified version of my original list. Here's what it looks like this time:
Pick Me, Pick Me (books I want to read now)
1. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne DuMaurier
2. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
3. Delta Wedding by Eudora Welty
4. Wild Strawberries by Angela Thirkell
5. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
6. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
7. Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte
8. The Professor's House by Willa Cather
9. Sandition by Jane Austen
10. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
11. The Bunner Sisters by Edith Wharton
12. The Warden by Anthony Trollope
13. They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple
14. The Winter of our Discontent by John Steinbeck (reread)
15. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
16. Them by Joyce Carol Oates
17. Sister Carrie by Theodore Dreiser
18. Villette by Charlotte Bronte
19. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
20. What Maisie Knew by Henry James
The spin number was 13. I will be reading They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple by January 5.