While we were packing up the Florida condo for renovations and driving home, a new Classics Club Spin took place. The rules are the same, only the were changed. Here's how it works:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday.
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by July 7, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
I've participated in four of the five previous spins and have read:
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- Cheerful Weather for the Wedding by Julia Strachey
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
I was a little disappointed not to have heard about this spin in time to post my list, but then realized that I have used my original list (with minor adjustments) every time. Monday's spin landed on number 1. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath has occupied that slot for every single spin, and surely would have been there again this time had I actually made a list.
So... I will participate in Classics Spin #6 and read The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath.
Did you spin this time? What will you be reading?