Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Nonfiction November: It's a Wrap!



Nonfiction November, my favorite blogging event of the year, has come to a close. Overall, it was a great month. I managed to participate in three of the five weekly prompts and read six books, including five nonfiction. Not only is this better than I've done in recent years, it's much better than I was expecting to do this year as life begins to approach normal. 

Nonfiction November Blog Posts




Books Read for Nonfiction November


by Stanley Tucci, narrated by the author  
5 stars (my thoughts)



Book Love by Debbie Tung 
5 stars (brief thoughts)



3.5 stars (my thoughts)



5 stars (my thoughts)


These Precious Days: Essays by Ann Patchett 
4.5 stars (my thoughts)


I would be hard-pressed to select a favorite from this group. So, let me say that Taste  was my favorite memoir, Book Love  the best graphic work, How the Word is Passed  my favorite history, and These Precious Days  my favorite essay collection. I don't think I've ever read so many great books in a single month.

Thanks, once again, to all five of our hosts. I'm already looking forward to next year!



14 comments:

  1. Nice assortment there. I hadn't heard of Book Love, it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane - Book Love was the only graphic work I read this year and I enjoyed it immensely. It's available through hoopla if your library ooffers it.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you had a good Nonfiction November! I didn't get to participate in the blogging prompts, but I found a lot of excellent books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aj - Finding all those wonderful titles to add to my tbr list is probably my favorite thing about Nonfiction November!

      Delete
  3. I love Book Love!! It is an awesome book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy - It sure is! I've recommended it to quite a few friends.

      Delete
  4. I've been hearing such good things about Stanley Tucci's book, I really should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela - Tucci's book will be one of my favorites of the year!

      Delete
  5. It's my favorite reading challenge, too! And, this is the first year I actually participated - well, for one prompt, at least. ;) I'm already putting together a list of books for next year's challenge, but I'll probably start reading some of those books before November. I especially want to read Tucci's and Patchett's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les - There have been years I've done just one prompt, but it's fun no matter the level of participation. I've started a nonfiction list for next year, too. Shelleyrae (from Book'd Out) has a nonfiction challenge I'm considering for 2022. Tucci's and Patchett's books are both excellent!

      Delete
  6. Really good nonfiction choices! I read fewer nonfiction books in November than I had hoped, but enjoyed the ones I got to and added a bunch to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. I was really pleased with all the books I read last month. Also looking forward to all the new books added to my tbr!

      Delete
  7. Nicely done, JoAnn. I'm slowly moving up on the list for the Patchett book...testing my patience, for sure, it's so slow to move.

    I like the idea of a nonfiction challenge like this one because it offers the motivation to read some of the "harder" books that I find myself avoiding due to time constraints. Every year my goal is to read more nonfiction...and I end up reading less, instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam. I think you will like Patchett's book when you finally get to the top of the hold list.

      I discovered a nonfiction challenge run by Shelleyrae at Book'd Out that looks good. She offers the option of reading books to fit various categories and you can also choose your level of participation. I swore off this type of challenge years ago, but think I'll change it up for 2022. Here's the link if you're interested:
      https://bookdout.wordpress.com/2022-nonfiction-reader-challenge/

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails