Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays - April 28

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. To play :
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


My teaser:
Until the terrifying but really unavoidable breakdown of this evening, no one had ever seen her weep, heavy and poisonous as were the bitter tears she so frequently held back. She never forgot to say "thank you" and "please". Her heart swelled with an angry sense of how far beyond criticism she was. Come what might she would do her duty to the utmost. (page 42-43)



The Home-Maker
by Dorothy Canfield

6 comments:

  1. Too sad. But a good teaser. Hope the end is better than this section of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, tears are stinging my eyes at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good teaser, want to read this .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great teaser. I've heard great things about this book and I will get to it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel for this poor woman! Vdery sad. Good teaser though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Book Bird Dog - I sure hope so, too!

    Darlene - This was an especiallu poignant section. I'm afraid there will be more sadness to come.

    Zetor - So far, I like this book a lot.

    Fleurfisher - For a book written so long ago, it focuses on some issues that are still relevant today.

    JennyGirl - I feel bad for her, too..and hope she finds more satisfaction in her life before the end of the book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails