Sunday, April 12, 2009

My First Sunday Salon

In addition to being Easter Sunday, today marks my first Sunday Salon post. The Sunday Salon was the first weekly blogging event I became aware of, yet I was hesitant to join in . There would never be something to write about each week, plus I certainly wouldn't be blogging on Sunday! My plan was simply to write about the books I was reading...maybe twice a week.

Well, plans change. My blogging now includes participation in a couple weekly events (Short Story Monday and Booking Through Thursday),and I have discovered challenges. The Sunday Salon seems like a perfect way to wrap up my week of reading, keep track of challenges, and plan for the week ahead.

Most of this week was spent getting ready for Easter. In addition to activities at church, there was shopping, cooking and baking to be done. Daughter #1 needed a ride home from college, so much of Friday was spent in the car. I did finish The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister on audio, a short story for tomorrow's Short Story Monday, and finally got back to The Wapshot Chronicle by John Cheever. My review of Therese Raquin by Emile Zola for The Classics Challenge was also completed.

It's spring break for the local schools this week. The twins will be home, so my reading plans are modest. I'd like to finish The Wapshot Chronicle, read at least one short story, and start The Help by Kathryn Stockett on audio.

One last Easter surprised to share...Carrie at Books and Movies gave me the Proximaded Award.

“This blog invests and believes in the Proximity - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!”


Thank you so much, Carrie, for this lovely Easter gift! I, in turn, will pass this award on to the blogs I have most recently begun to follow:
I hope you all have a Happy Easter and happy reading for the week ahead.

8 comments:

  1. Joanne,

    Thank you so much for the award! Very sweet of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your well deserved award. I think sometimes that Sunday Salon is something bigger than it is; as you described it (a place to keep track of one's reading and recap the week) sounds like the best plan. Happy Easter, and have a lovey week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very busy but fun weekend! Isn't it amazing how blogging takes on a life of its own. I discovered blogs while searching for book titles last Fall and since then have had a whole new world introduced to me. It's so fulfilling and the friendships are an added bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently received The Help in the mail and look forward to starting it. I'll look forward to hearing what you think about it. Enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the award and thank so you much for passing it on to me. That's so kind of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you had a wonderful Easter. Congratulations on the well-deserved reward. I will look forward to your Sundays Salons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane - You are very welcome. I love reading your book reviews!

    Bellezza - If I think of the Sunday Salon as a blend of an informal chat and an organizational tool, it doesn't seem so intimidating. Hopefully it will help keep my reading on track!

    Darlene - You're right...blogging has been a whole new world. The friendships have been the best part!

    Lisa - After listening to just one CD, I already love The Help!

    Tara - Thank you. I always enjoy my visits to your blog!

    BookPsmith - We had a wonderful Easter...daughter #1 home from college, my parents and all my siblings with their families, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Joanne! Cutting the ribbons on the award reminds me of those English crackers you pull open to find confetti and little surprises inside, but in this case it's spreading the blogging goodness!

    I like these Sunday Salon wrap-ups.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails