Friday, March 27, 2009

A Brief Escape

We're off to Puerto Rico! My husband has a three day conference and my parents are staying with the twins, so the two of us are taking our first child-less trip (not counting a few overnight getaways) since 2002! It's been quite some time since my parents have dealt with teenagers, but they were very good at it then and feel up to the challenge now.

I will be taking along a few books:
The Wapshot Chronicle by John Cheever (I'm loving this book)
The Shack by William Paul Young (for my April book club meeting)
Heir to the Glimmering World by Cynthia Ozick (it looks really good and a girl needs options!)

I hesitated at just three titles, but then remembered my copy of The Wapshot Chronicle actually contains all the novels of John Cheever. That should be enough to last until Wednesday. Now it's time to think about what clothes to pack...

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like heaven:) Happy get-away and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you lucky girl! Have a lovely time on the beach with your books and don't forget something fruity with an umbrella to drink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! Your trip sounds a lot better than mine! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - that sounds so lovely! I hope both of you have a great, relaxing time - and you able to get all those books read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everybody! I'm finishing the packing now and we leave early tomorrow morning. Darlene, I'll definitely enjoy a fuity umbrella drink or two...I just found out that the Bacardi factory is there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo...enjoy Puerto Rico. Lots of beautiful beaches and I'm sure you'll get lots of reading done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Matt. I've bever been to Puerto Rico and am really looking forward to those beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Joanne --- I hope you had a wonderful get-away. I wanted to welcome you back with an award. Check out my Saturday posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun! Relax, read, refresh...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a wonderful time, JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Molly,
    Thank you so much!! You've made the return to reality a little less painful. It's going to take me a few days to get caught up with everything here and see what's been going on in the blogosphere...will get a post out by this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I hope you had a great trip! It's so nice to get away and be simple a couple for a while :)

    Dawn
    She is Too Fond of Books

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails