HAPPY NEW YEAR 2021!At last. As a result of everything 2020, this space has been woefully neglected. And as for reading... I simply could not concentrate on books for much of the year.
It's time to close out the year with a few statistics, favorites, a look ahead.
Number of Books Read
My grand total was 41 books... the fewest in my 30+ years of record keeping.
63%/37%... slightly more fiction than last year
I read mostly female authors (78%), just a few classics, and only two books in translation.
The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope, 864 pages
Intimations by Zadie Smith, 97 pages
More than half of my books were read/listen combinations. I enjoy listening to audiobooks while walking (and am finally getting back into it after breaking my ankle in September) and picking up the same book on my kindle afterwards.
The Most Fun We Ever Had by Claire Lombardo
The Daughters of Erietown by Connie Schultz
The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson
The Shell Seekers by Rosamunde Pilcher (reread)
Nobody Will Tell You This But Me by Bess Kalb
House Lessons: Renovating a Life by Erica Bauermeister
Notes From a Public Typewriter by Michael Gustafson
LOOKING AHEAD TO 2021:
- No reading challenges
- Goodreads goal set low - 40 books
- Read/listen to books I own
- 6 months Shelf Subscription (Annie's picks) from The Bookshelf Thomasville, GA
- continue T Book Club (NYTimes Style Magazine) series featuring classic American Literature, The Custom the Country by Edith Wharton is up next
- try to post more consistently
- continue Sunday Salon/Weekly Update posts
- bring back book briefs (short reviews)
- resume occasional Weekend Cooking posts
Good-bye 2020. No apologies and no guilt, but I am full of hope for a better year of reading and blogging in 2021. Happy New Year, friends!