Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday: New-to-Me Authors, 2013
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It's been a while since I last participated, but this week's topic of newly discovered authors had me instantly composing a mental list . As it turns out, new-to-me authors comprised the majority of my reading this year so making this list was no easy task.
Favorite New-to-Me Author of 2013
(in no particular order, click on title for my review if available)
1. John Williams: Stoner was my favorite book of 2013.
2. Hillary Jordan: I'm glad my book club selected Mudbound.
3. Angela Thirkell: High Rising, the first of her Barsetshire novels
4. Claire Messud: The Woman Upstairs was a 5 star novel for me.
5. Beatriz Williams: A Hundred Summers was a perfect summer read.
6. Jojo Moyes: Me Before You certainly deserves all the hype.
7. David Nasaw: His Joseph P. Kennedy biography, The Patriarch, is outstanding.
8. Elinor Lipman: The View From Penthouse B... now on to her backlist!
9. Ken Follett: Fall of Giants kept me turning pages for two weeks.
10. Carol Rifka Brunt: Tell the Wolves I'm Home is simply amazing.
Have you read any of these authors? Who have you discovered this year?
For more Top Ten Tuesday lists, visit The Broke and the Bookish.