Monday, September 5, 2011

My Life as a Book - 2011 Edition


Remember the fun we with My Life as a Book Meme in 2009? Well, today Melissa posted her answers to Pop Culture Nerd's new set of fill-ins for 2011. Of course, I couldn't resist. You know the drill - use only titles of books you have read this year to complete the following statements. Won't you join the fun?


One time at band/summer camp, I was: DISTURBING THE PEACE (Richard Yates)

Weekends at my house are: A MOVEABLE FEAST (Ernest Hemingway)

My neighbors are: EXCELLENT WOMEN (Barbara Pym)

My boss is: WAITING FOR COLUMBUS (Thomas Trofimuk)

My ex was: A TRAGIC HONESTY (Blake Bailey)

My superhero identity is: LADY SUSAN (Jane Austen)

You wouldn't like me when I'm angry because (I take):  NOTES ON A SCANDAL (Zoe Heller)

I'd win a gold medal in: SHADOW TAG (Louise Erdrich)

I'd pay good money for: THE BIG ROCK CANDY MOUNTAIN (Wallace Stegner)

If I were president, I would (write): THE REPORT (Jessica Francis Kane)

When I don't have good books (I),  WISH YOU WERE HERE (Stewart O'Nan)

Loud talkers at the movies should be: THE DEAD (James Joyce)


*Photo credit

11 comments:

  1. These are so much fun! But I don't think I'm clever enough to do it. My brain is empty when I think of options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book titles fit in so well here JoAnn - fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha!! Your last one cracked me up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done a meme like this in ages. It does look like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all your fault that I'm now doing this instead of my taxes, or the dishes, or... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Staci - the last one is the best! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done - you have fitted things very cleverly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy - I think you underestimate your ability ;-)

    Melissa - Thanks for the inspiration.

    Diane - Thanks!

    Staci - That one is my favorite, too.

    C.B. James - Give it a try! I'll be looking for your answers...

    Audrey - Sorry...can't wait to see what you come up with though.

    Rhapsodyinbooks - Looks like the three of us agree!

    Fleurfisher - Thanks, these are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL! I am so with you on the last one! I've started mine, but need to take a nother look to finish it. So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stacybuckeye - Yes, the last one made me laugh, too... but I do hate it when people talk in movies. Looking forward to your list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. These conversations are my favorite part of blogging. Please check back, I almost always respond to comments!

I understand commenting has been a challenge lately, so will now allow anonymous comments. However, I will moderate comments on older posts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails