Have you seen the bookish Seven Deadly Sins meme making the rounds this week? I was tagged by Pat at Posting for Now, who was tagged by Diana at BookofSecrets, who was tagged by...
So, my sins:
1. Greed: What is your most expensive book?
My husband bought me a beautiful set of leather bound Jane Austen novels from The Easton Press several years ago for Christmas - I love them!
2. Wrath: What author do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Jodi Picoult - I used to love her earlier books (Plain Truth, My Sister's Keeper), but then they started to feel formulaic. Now I don't read her at all.
3. Gluttony: What book have you devoured over and over again with no shame?
As a kid, there was a time when I read Harriet the Spy once a month (maybe fifth grade). My adult answer is Pride and Prejudice.
4. Sloth: Which book have you neglected reading due to laziness?
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy - maybe this winter?
5. Pride: What book do you most talk about in order to sound like an intellectual reader?
I think any book talk is perceived as intellectual among most people, but I particularly like talking about classics. Big surprise, right?
6. Lust: What attributes do you find attractive in a male or female character?
Male: tall, dark, and handsome... intelligence and humor a big plus.
Female: intelligence and independence
7. Envy: What book would you most like to receive as a gift?
I'd actually prefer a gift card so I can indulge my bookish whims and "buy with 1-click"!
Instead of tagging people, I'm going to urge you all to play along.
What are your bookish sins?