The Classics Club Spin has been a huge success. Previous rounds have dealt me The Bell Jar, Middlemarch, Tess of the d'Urbervilles, The Picture of Dorian Gray, and Cheerful Weather for a Wedding. The rules are the same this time, only the dates have been changed.
Here's how it works:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club list.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday. (8/11)
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by October 6.
I'm still sticking with a slightly modified version of my original list. Here's what it looks like this time:
Pick Me, Pick Me (books I want to read now)
1. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne DuMaurier
2. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
3. Delta Wedding by Eudora Welty
4. Wild Strawberries by Angela Thirkell
5. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro
6. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
7. Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote
8. The Professor's House by Willa Cather
9. Sandition by Jane Austen
10. A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf
11. The Bunner Sisters by Edith Wharton
12. What Maisie Knew by Henry James
13. They Were Sisters by Dorothy Whipple
14. The Winter of our Discontent by John Steinbeck (reread)
15. Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell
16. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
17. An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser
18. Villette by Charlotte Bronte
19. Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell
20. The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope
Here is a link to The Classics Club's announcement post.
Are you participating this time around? Let's Spin!
8/11/14 UPDATE: Number 17 came up for this spin. I'll be reading An American Tragedy by Theodore Dreiser.