▼

Friday, October 9, 2026

Introducing Lucy!


Our granddaughter is here! I'm happy to introduce Lucy Ann, born almost two week early on September 30, 2026. She weighed 6 pounds 5 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. Mom and baby are both doing fine.

We were still in NYC when she was born but, as it turned out, Matt's parent's were visiting and stayed on a few extra days. We were back in CT on Saturday and finally met Lucy last Sunday. She is just adorable! 🩷

 

18 comments:

  1. Ah, congratulations on Lucy arriving and joining your family. I am so glad to hear everyone is doing well. You will have so much fun getting to know her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations on the birth of your granddaughter. Looks like she has a lot of hair. My daughter was pretty much bald until well after her first birthday. Lol! My cousin has a daughter named Lucy (and another named Coco). Great name! Have fun, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Les - She has a lot more hair than of my kids did, that's for sure! Even the nurses at the hospital were amazed.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! I love the name Lucy for a lil baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable. Lucy and Aaron will be the stars of Thanksgiving gatherings. Congrats to all !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina - They will be getting all the attention at Thanksgiving, that's for sure! I think that will be the first time they meet each other, too. Can't wait!

      Delete
  6. JoAnn, she is so, so precious! Thank you for introducing us to Lucy. Congratulations to your whole family and how much fun you will have with those two little ones. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kay! It's hard to believe we've gone all these years without any grandchildren and now there are two - doubly blessed!

      Delete
  7. Congratulation on your new granddaughter. I love the name, which is definitely a heroine's name! I recognize the baby blanket--all three of my kids were swaddled in the same--all the hospitals must buy the same blankets for newborns. I even see them on TV shows :)

    Enjoy your family time and NYC time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JaneGS - Lucy is a heroine's name for sure. Love it! That blanket looks strangely familiar to me, too... the company must have a monopoly.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations! What a beautiful baby and I love that she has an arm free. Love the name. Classic but still fresh and works for children and adults (I've always wondered how you can name an infant something like Walter or Harriet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katherine - Lucy has been very good at breaking out of any swaddling right from the beginning... she is strong and active! Her parents already have their hands full, lol! I love the name, too... it was my favorite aunt's name and also a family name on my husband's side of the family.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.