Sunday, September 6, 2026

He's here!!


Happy September from NYC. Baby Aaron (named after my father-in-law) has arrived! He checked in a few days early on August 28th weighing just over 7 pounds. Mom and baby are fine, Dad is as proud as can be, and Winnie-the-Whippet, initially suspicious, seems happy with her expanded pack. Grandma and Grandpa can't stop smiling!

I'll get back to books in another week or two, but for now I'm preoccupied with this little guy. 😍



 

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations, I do love babies! He is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so happy for you and your family. What a sweet baby boy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, congratulations! He is precious! Time with him is more important than blogging ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you, JoAnn! Enjoy that fellow! He is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! So adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. This little guy is just the sweetest!

      Delete
  6. Wow Congrats to all. Such a peaceful beautiful face on little Aaron. Very cute. I hope you all have much fun in these weeks ahead. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan - We're having such a great time in NYC. I'm spending 4 or 5 hours a day at their apartment, walking the dog, picking up groceries, etc. Sometimes we all have dinner together, but most evenings we have takeout on the rooftop, try new restaurants, or cook something VERY basic in the tiny, ill-equipped kitchen... always an adventure!

      Delete
  7. He's gorgeous! I know you all are so happy Aaron is here now. Let the spoiling begin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina - He's such a good baby and seems to be feeding well, too... they lucked out! Spoiling underway! ;-)

      Delete
  8. Aaron is precious, JoAnn! Congrats to all of you. Enjoy your time with him in the next few weeks - books will wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! Aaron is adorable and I am sure you're all spoiling him and loving on him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen - This little guy certainly gets plenty of love and attention!

      Delete
  10. Oh wow!! He is precious. Congrats to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ti - Thank you, he's just as sweet as can be. Our oldest daughter is due in less than a month, so we'll have a granddaughter soon, too!

      Delete
  11. Baby Aaron! How very cute he is! And so are his two lil plushies. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute and how nice to use a family name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CLM - Thank you! We used family names for our girls and they've decided to carry on the tradition. I wish my FIL could have met his namesake.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations on the birth of your grandson! I've always loved the name Aaron. He is beautiful--such a joy that you can be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. We feel so fortunate to be able to spend so much time with him. He's already growing so fast!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! Be sure to check back, I always respond. Due to a recent increase in spam, all comments are moderated.