- Series - I usually avoid them at all costs, but this year started and (remarkably) completed two... Trollope's Barsetshire Chronicles and Elena Ferrante's Neopolitan Novels... for a total of ten, mostly very long, books.
- Cozy Mysteries - I've never been a big mystery reader, but this year discovered that cozy series are great escapist reading... and a lot of fun.
- Translated works - For the first time ever, I hit double digits for books in translation.
Despite these oddities, and last winter's massive reading slump, I exceeded my goal of reading 52 books, or roughly one per week. Not especially impressive numbers for a book blogger, but I'm happy with that.
Now for the list... links are to my reviews.
Fiction Favorites: Classics
The Barsetshire Chronicles by Anthony Trollope
My favorites: Barchester Towers, Doctor Thorne, and The Last Chronicle of Barset
Emma by Jane Austen
Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy
Fiction Favorites: Contemporary
Shotgun Lovesongs by Nickolas Butler
Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf
Did You Ever Have a Family by Bill Clegg
- Elena Ferrante's Neopolitan Novels : My Brilliant Friend, The Story of a New Name, Those Who Leave and Those Who Stay, The Story of the Lost Child
- Julie Mulhern's cozy mystery series The Country Club Murders: The Deep End, Guaranteed to Bleed
Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
The Oregon Trail: A New American Journey by Rinker Buck
Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
The Philadelphia Chromosome by Jessica Wapner
Happy New Year 2016!